Pages

The Adventure Of The Key

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This morning I returned from my 8 am class ready to shower and begin my day. I unlocked my door. Then I tried to remove the key but was unable. I then had to find an RA to tell me what to do. Sadly none of them answer their doors at 9:15 in the morning. So I was left to dash across campus to go the Dean of Students. This is how that went.

"Hey, my key is stuck is stuck in the door"

"We will have to call maintenance." He picks up the phone. "Hello, we have a key stuck in the door."

This is when the man looks at me. I can see the wheels turning in his head. The wheels stop and he decides that I am just some dumb blonde.  He continues with his phone call. "I am sure she is just not holding down the center button, should I send her away?"

This is when I get upset and speak up, "I am holding down the center button. I have been going to this school for three years and I know how to open a door."

Silence

"Maintenance will be by shortly." He says.

So I trot back to my room and wait. The maintenance man shows up, looks at me and presses the button. The key is still stuck. He holds a screwdriver against the button. The key is still stuck.

"This hasn't happened before."The maintenance man said. The man went on to preform magic and was finally able to remove the key from the lock.  He turned the key over and turned to me, "Your key is bent you will have to get a new one."

He then left.

The Dean of Students told me I might have to wait 24 hours to get a new key but I ended up waiting only 30 minutes.

And that is the story of how a ket stole an hour out of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Mini Moon Mirror by Marie Elizabeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.