Pages

A Scary Little Secret

Friday, June 24, 2011

Today I waited at home all day for the doorbell to ring. A ring that would bring me new running shoes. Finally around ten o'clock tonight, the door rings. Magic new shoes enter into my life. The first time pair of running shoes I have ever had. They are magical. So very different then Chucks.

These magical shoes needed to be tried out, so I climbed onto the treadmill for the first time in years, leaving the safety of the elliptical machine. I start the machine and increase the speed. As soon as the speed increases above a stroll my hips go, "bomp bomp". sliding and popping with every single step. Its annoying to hear and feels uncomfortable.

I have mentioned it to my doctor, but she always says to keep an eye on it and keep her posted. I am afraid to push the issue... I am afraid I am going to need a hip replacement and I am not quite 22. I am also afraid it might be hip arthritis. I know I am dramatic and paranoid, but I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Mini Moon Mirror by Marie Elizabeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.