Pages

How Disney Prepared and Scared Me For Life

Sunday, June 19, 2011



When I was little I was taken to the magical world of Disney World. There I got autographs of all the disney characters, rode splash mountain a hundred time, and hunted the entire park for a chocolate covered mickey mouse ice cream bar. It was pure magic to little me.

I was taken to the see the 3D movie Honey, I Shrunk The Audience in one of the parks. During this movie, mice are "released" and run up the audience members legs. That tiny part of the movie is something that affects me to this day. When ever I sit in a chair, I have to have my feet off the floor.

On Wednesday, I was sitting in class and had my feet on the floor for maybe five minutes for the blood to circulate after I was sitting on them for awhile. Suddenly I started to feel something climbing up my leg and I screamed. The class goes silent as a gaze as a red spider flies off my leg.

All my life I thought Disney gave me an irrational fear, turns out that fear is not so irrational.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Mini Moon Mirror by Marie Elizabeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.