Pages

Adventure Ireland

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Once upon a time in 2007, this princess went to Ireland. Ireland is a place where magic is real and it just feels holy. I am convinced the Irish are the nicest people anywhere. Plus the land is greener then green.

The first night I couldn't sleep, I was just so excited. At five in the morning, I wondered outside and ended up sitting outside surrounded by a hundred black birds. It was surreal and so peaceful.


The stone walls, the cliff, and the castles were amazing. It just added to the amazing beauty of the country.

 I got to kiss the Blarney Stone, which was an adventure. I don't like touching things other people touched nor do I like being held upside down. But somehow it happened.

Galway Cathedral is gorgeous. I was lucky enough to walk into the church while someone was practicing the organ. It was amazing.

My advice for Ireland. Enjoy the pubs, the dancing, and the music. It is just fun. Irish Coffees = yummy.
Stay at a Bed and Breakfast.

The entire trip was just amazing but one thing will forever be remember about my trip. The sheep. They were everywhere.

 One day we stopped on the side of the road to look at the view. There were a bunch of people around, including a man and his little sheep. I was excited and trotted over there to say hello. I looked at his sheep wondering if they feel like clouds.

The man must have guessed what I was thinking because he asked, "Do wanted to hold a sheep?"

 I replied quickly, "No."

That didn't matter. He made up his mind and was determined that I was going to hold a sheep. He quickly picked up a sheep and tossed it at me. I caught it, but was feeling a bit shaky having a mini sheep thrown at me. My mother managed to get a photo a second after it happened, while I was still trying to figure out what was going on.

People who saw the event were staring, guess seeing a sheep thrown at people is not a normal event. I must be one of the lucky ones.

What did I learn from this adventure?
Sheep are not soft. They do not feel fluffy or cloud like. Sheep are also very docile. The sheep just let me hold it and didn't seem phased by being passed so suddenly.

To remember the occasion, I bought myself a little stuff animal sheep. I named it Gregory McCotton and he sings a song when his ear is pressed. Every so often, in the middle of the night, he will get the urge to sing. Whenever this happens, I smile and remember my trip to Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Mini Moon Mirror by Marie Elizabeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.