Pages

Robot

Saturday, April 28, 2012



The robot was mad because I had its feather. I couldn’t give it back. Surrendering was not an option. The robot gave a warning in its robot voice, the alarm from my phone  screeched,  and I screamed. The mixture of noise startled me from sleep and woke up everyone else in ear shot. I was asked if I was OK. I nodded in response and stuck my toothbrush in my mouth. I just wanted to move on from my dream and start my day. I don’t drink coffee, but I go to Starbucks every morning, just to be around people. We all type on our computers and ignore each other, yet it makes me feel a part of something. You have two minutes until you have to return. Names of drinks that I have never had are called out and people rush to the counter. She said specifically to drag you in there. I drink my water and check my email. I have to take her to get shots today at 4:15. I go to write this in my day planner; however, it is lost in the bottom of my bag. I try to dig in my bag without calling attention to myself. It didn’t work. Spilling your bag all over the floor of a busy Starbucks is not a way to go unnoticed, but it is a way to find your day planner. I also found the negative of the photo we took in class. We had to squeeze together. The awkwardness made us laugh leading to a good photo, but the negative was covered in goop of a snot coloring that was left over from developing the instant photo and it tainted the image with disgust.  I put the negative away with the rest of the stuff from my bag and went back to typing on my computer with the rest of the Starbucks visitors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Mini Moon Mirror by Marie Elizabeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.